Office 507 - Green Office Space
This office project is located in northwest downtown, in the 500 block of West 6th Street. It's an infill project, filling the rear lot of a beautiful Craftsman Bungalow style office. The building will use many environmentally smart elements and concepts, including being on an urban infill lot, building orientation, shape and space zoning, and passive solar heating/ cooling techniques. South facing windows will collect solar radiation in winter coupled with accurately sized overhangs for shading the windows in the summer, and will utilize prevailing wind direction along with operable windows for cooling. Some other architectural features include:
- Minimizing windows on north elevation to reduce heat loss in winter
- Thermal collection and storage
- Active solar- photovoltaic panels to produce electricity
- Drought tolerant landscaping
- Day lighting strategies
- Engineered lumber products
- High performance (Low-E) windows
- Enhanced insulation techniques
- High efficiency HVAC
- Advanced framing systems
- Water conservation plumbing fixtures
- Reduced light pollution
- Instant water heating system
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL’s)
- Recycled/ Renewable Materials- flooring, countertops, wall coverings, etc.
The project already has prospective tenant interest. If you have any questions about the project you can contact
Architectural Design Group
Post your comments
Posted by: Jen - 4/7/2009 2:07:09 PM
Does this building have tenants yet? Downtown needs more of these smaller office spaces.
Posted by: Devin Sommerton - 4/8/2009 7:22:32 AM
Is this under construction yet? I like it.
Posted by: johnfree - 4/8/2009 10:01:49 PM
It looks a lot like the Cathexsis building (to me...). Always glad to have more cool buildings downtown.
Posted by: Rob - 4/9/2009 10:33:08 AM
Construction is scheduled to start fall of this year.
The owner has one tenant as of now.