Downtown Reno and Midtown Breaking News
Tags: Reno City Council
How the Affordable Housing Sewer Connection Fee Subsidy program helps build affordable units, and its financial future29 Oct 2023
On November 1, the Reno City council will review and take possible action on a massive 70-page report on Reno's current state of affordable housing, and take action items to address the issue.29 Oct 2023
On Wednesday October 25, the Reno City Council will hear recommendation from city staff to appeal the decision of the Second Judicial COurt reagrding Reno Neon Line.21 Oct 2023
A few months ago, the owner of 675 Holcomb, the 'tin can' building, contacted me letting me know he was adding features to the building to make it more lease-friendly to a cafe/coffee shop/wine bar type of venue.
It didn't take long apparently to fill the unique building straddling Sinclair and Holcomb, technically on the edge of Midtown and the edge of the Wells Avenue Conservation District, it will bridge the two neighborhoods together with a wine and beer venue called 'The Glass Die'.11 Jan 2017
Siegel Group will be asking for a lease of a small portion of West Street Plaza so they can change the elevation of it and open up the east side of the building that's currently unaccessible.27 Apr 2016
In the city council meeting agenda for next Wednesday, there are a crop of cool things in the pipeline. Here's a suite of businesses applying for licenses:
- Mellow Fellow - 300 East Second Street, Suite 104-Bar...This is located across the street from the Reno Aces Ballpark.
- Crafted Palette - 130 West Street - Cabaret - This will be a high-end coffee shop and sip-and-paint venue in the evenings where Beaujalais was formerly located, on West Street.
- Derby Supply Company - 123 West First Street, Suite B - Bar - This will be an old-fashion style barbershop where you can also grab a drink at the same time! Located in one of the Ross Apartments First Street retail spaces.
- Shelter, 111 North Virginia Street - Cabaret. This is a bowling alley/sports bar/night club featured here.
- Sierra Wellness - 1605 East 2nd Street, Suite 103 - This will be a medical marijuana dispensary going in next to Opa Deli and Suzie's Adult Books, on 2nd Street across from Renown Hospital.
There are several interesting tidbits coming up in next Wednesday's council meeting, including discussing closing Virginia Street from the Truckee River to 4th Street to create a pedestrian mall.19 Feb 2015